Oman in 10 Days: Planning the Perfect Short Break
Oman is a beautiful country that welcomes tourists with open arms. The best way to visit Oman is with a 10-day tourist visa. This special visa lets people visit Oman for up to 10 days. It is perfectly suited to your needs if your reason for visiting Oman is a short break from your usual life, for a much-deserved vacation.
The 10-day visa is for your travel and fun needs. You cannot work while visiting Oman with this visa. But, if we’re talking about this visitor’s pass, 10 days is more than enough to explore Oman, even in its full expanse! You can take a walk around the old Muscat city, camp under the star-filled nights in the desert, or take a day to tan and relax yourself on Oman’s beaches.
This is your guide to the 10-day tourist visa. The application process is smooth, you need minimal paperwork, your passport guidelines, and a guide to traveling Oman in style and culture is all you need in addition to knowing about the 10-day tourist visa to Oman.
The only thing you’ll have to do after this is, book your tickets and board the flight with your trendiest outfit in flare. Your 10 Day Trip to Oman starts here!
Documents Needed for 10 Day Oman Tourist Visa
To apply for the 10-day visa, you need:
- Your passport - It must be valid for 6 months after your trip dates with empty pages for the stamp. Send a clear scanned copy, otherwise, it might lead to hindrances.
- 2 passport-size photographs - The photographs should optimally have a background and your face should be visible, and clear.
- Hotel booking confirmation – A proof of your accommodation while in Oman is required, make sure to book your hotel in advance, and uploading the scanned proof of the booking will do the job for you.
- Bank statement – A financial proof that will prove that you are eligible to bear all the expenses of your trip to Oman, financial backing is important if you’re looking to travel to Oman.
- Return ticket – Proof of your return from Oman is required to make sure that your stay in Oman won’t be longer than allowed.
Important Information About the 10-Day Tourist Visa to Oman
Who Can Apply for the 10-Day Oman Tourist Visa
The 10-day tourist visa is for people who:
- Only want to visit Oman for fun like tourism, not work
- Have a valid passport that will be valid for the whole trip
- Have enough funds to cover their stay
Cost of the 10-Day Oman Tourist Visa
- The 10-day Oman tourist visa costs approximately 20 Omani Rial.
- You must pay the fee online by credit or debit card when applying.
How to Apply for the 10-Day Oman Tourist Visa
Tips for Your 10-Day Trip to Oman
Book Accommodation and Flights Early
- Reserve hotel rooms at least 2-3 weeks before arriving to get the best rates and options.
- Be flexible about the exact travel dates to find cheaper flights for the Muscat International Airport.
- Consider flying into Dubai first for more flight options then taking a budget friendly flight to Muscat.
Work with a realistic itinerary, keep time slots and gaps so that you have room for changes
- Spend 2-3 days exploring Muscat to see the highlights like the Grand Mosque and Royal Opera House.
- Visit the nearby Nizwa and Bahla for a taste of old Oman with traditional souks and iconic forts.
- Give 3 days for Jebel Akhdar Mountain range and Sharqiya Sands desert.
- Take into account the transit time between destinations – some attractions are hours apart.
Pack Lightweight, Modest Attire
- Bring quick-dry shirts, pants, and dresses that cover shoulders/knees for sightseeing in the sun.
- Pack a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses for basic sun protection.
- Carry a light jacket or shawl as the evenings tend to get colder.
Carry Confirmations When Traveling
- Download confirmation emails/SMS from the visa portal, hotels, and transport providers.
- Save offline maps on your phone or bring a paper map because you might face some connectivity issues
- Always be ready with the local currency in hand. If you happen to know someone from Oman, it is suggested to get an idea of the standard prices for your basic needs, otherwise, you could be overcharged.
Note Down Emergency Contacts
- Keep the phone numbers of your hotels, nearest hospital/clinic, and police stations handy.
- Keep the contact details for your embassy in Muscat with you at all times.
- Translate basic medical terms like fever, and stomach pains into Arabic, it’s good to get the hang of some basic terms in case of an emergency.
Respect Local Culture and Dress Code
- Read up on dos and don’ts before visiting mosques, markets, and villages.
- Always ask for permission before photographing local people.
- Learn basic Arabic terms and greetings to connect with the locals.
Enjoy the Local Cuisine
- Taste the best traditional shuwa meat dishes in Muttrah Souq and old Muscat
- You can also sample regional honey, dates, and halwa desserts in the souks outside main cities
- Visit town square eateries for authentic, affordable Omani home-cooked fare
Oman welcomes you with natural wonders, rich culture, and warm hospitality if you choose to visit with a 10-day tourist visa. The online application process is easy and approval happens fast. Follow all visa guidelines for a smooth entry and safe stay.
Omanvisa.org is one of the fastest growing companies which offers e-visas to different countries in the world from different countries in the world. Omanvisa.org is a one stop shop for e-visas and has the fastest turn-around time with 24/7 service center support which is not available from any company in the world.
Disclaimer: The visas are issued at the sole discretion of the Oman Government , and we cannot guarantee that. You have the option to apply for a visa by making use of the Government website or visiting the Embassy/Consulate for which you will not be charged a service fee.